Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The F in the Middle

I discovered something about myself on a recent vacation: I would not do well in a menage unless certain criteria were met. No, it wasn't *that* exciting a trip.

Normally when I fly, I take the aisle seat. Not only do I not have to bother people if I have to get up (and I don't mind getting up for my rowmates), but I can stick my foot into the aisle for a smidge more leg room. Well, until the service cart comes by.

Sitting in the middle between strangers--who frown upon my leaning against them should I snooze, which I rarely do--makes me tense. Sitting by the window is marginally better, but I feel trapped.

How does this relate to menage? During the implied activities I think I'd be fine no matter where I was. Too busy to care, shall we say. But afterward, when everyone settled to sleep (I'm assuming sleep goes with the menage thing) I'd need to be on the end. I can't stand being trapped under the blankets or between bodies.

No, I haven't had this experience with adults, but I have had a child crawl into bed with me and my husband. I had to scramble out of the middle to the freedom of the edge or to the couch. The idea of being sandwiched between two adults makes me twitchy. Even when it's just me and my husband I need to be able to kick the blankets off or stick a foot out from under the covers.

I don't think I'm claustrophobic. Other small placed don't bother me. Though I'm not keen on sleeping bags that are too close-fitting. Forget a mummy bag.

Should I ever get inspired for a more adventurous romantic liason, there will be a post-coital condition. I sleep on the end. If I'm with two men, I hope they like each other because a MFM will become a MMF. If it's another woman, I can only hope she isn't like me.

Either that or someone's on the couch for the night.

How about you?

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Diane Dooley said...

I'm like you, Cathy. And so ends our amorous affair before it even got started. Dammit *grin*

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Only a problem after the fact, Diane ; )I'll flip you for the couch : )

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger JC Cassels said...

There is sleep involved?

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

JC, eventually, I'm guessing. At my age, it would be more like exhaustion ; )

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger LVLM(Leah) said...

When I was younger... I'll leave it at that.

Now, I'm so much an ender that I often either sleep in the guest room or end up leaving during the night to the guest room.

I like to spread out and with the DH I'm fine, but we have 4 cats that cuddle between us taking up my blankets and space.

I'd be OK with a menage if I could say thanks for the memories right after and please leave. LOL

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Yanno, I wonder if it's a factor of being "a woman of a certain age" ; )

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! It's something I've never considered. I prefer a window or aisle seat if I'm with hubby but hate being sandwiched between other people. I too feel uncomfortable. Leg room is also very important. Hubby and I are tall so we like to be able to stretch our, but menages. No I'd not feel comfortable with those.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Cathy in AK said...

Hi Madeleine,

I'm not tall, but I still like to be able to move freely. My husband is rather tall (6' 2") and doesn't mind the middle and prefers the window. To each his own, I guess : )

Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger J. L. Hilton said...

I'm an edge sleeper. I practically fall off when I fall asleep. But I dunno... if I had the chance to squeeze myself between Richard Armitage and, oh, maybe, Matt Dillon or Sean Bean, I think I'd survive. Or die trying. LOL

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Normally when I fly, I take the section chair. Not only do I not have to hassle individuals if I have to get up (and I don't thoughts getting up for my rowmates), but I can keep my feet into the section for a smidge more leg space. Well, until the assistance trolley comes by.
-----------------
Diablo 3 Gold | Runescape Gold | WOW Gold

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger qiongzhang55 said...

I. Need. To. Buy. cheapest phones This.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger nongfu380 said...

I love this idea, your whole conception of creating
cheap phones missed connections visually.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great product as described, works really well, overall very satisfied with my purchase. I would recommend this buy android phones item! Great deal....

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Crave Free Stuff for world residents are listed here. Updated daily. Click Here Free Stuff to see the latest Free Samples offers.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger -blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

I know whot your F in the middle is:
we'll RITE nonillions × oemnillions
(fab.you.lous):
♡ en.gravatar.com/MatteBlk ♡
Love you.
Cya soon.
be@peace.
-GBY

 

Post a Comment

<< Home